The business world has a garbage problem, but waste management audits can start to solve it. Somewhere between the millions (or billions, depending......
Businesses are constantly looking for ways to cut costs on everything from goods and services to utilities for their properties. However, waste removal is often overlooked because it falls outside the property, unlike more immediately required services such as electric utilities or water.
The fact is that many companies are overpaying for waste removal. They may not be aware of it, let alone consider alternatives to make these services more cost-effective. Enter waste audits and outsourced waste management services.
Outsourced waste management entails working with a dedicated company to manage all aspects of waste removal, including:
- Waste material monitoring
How does the process look like exactly? After receiving an initial data set comprised of invoices, and related contracts, we communicated with the hauler(s) to obtain historical usage data.
In addition to the application of proprietary knowledge and methods, the following bullet points outline some of the steps performed throughout the detailed audit process:
- A rate analysis was performed to assure that the cost for like-type service was in line with what the market dictates.
- All applicable aspects of the taxation of waste removal services were investigated including, but not limited to; state and local sales tax, gross receipts tax, and utility tax.
- Container sizes were reviewed to assure “right sized” service at each location.
- Frequency of pickups was investigated, and tonnage per pull, to be sure containers are being filled for optimal billing.
- Where applicable, a cost/benefit analysis was performed looking at liquidated damages versus cost savings potential, to improve both short and long-term spend.
- All options for diversion of solid waste were investigated, and where possible, rebate programs were identified whereby the facilities can recoup funds for recyclable commodities.
Access 16 cost-saving solutions spanning 4 subcategories (Utilities, Contract Services, Financial Services, and Commercial Real Estate). There is often one, or more, areas in which we can aid our clients.
Util Auditors deploys proprietary knowledge, methods, and superior technology to thoroughly analyze invoices and services for errors, anomalies, and inefficiency in billing. Clients can login to track the progress of each audit, at each location, in “real time” using our Client Portal.
An interim report of findings can be downloaded at any time during the audit process through your uView™ Dashbard. A formal report of our audit recommendations is provided by Util Auditors on every audit project.
Where some audit firms simply make recommendations, Util Auditors will assist you to implement the cost savings and obtain the refunds that we identify. We will act as your project lead, completing paperwork and compiling claim documents for your review that are required to realize the benefit of what we propose.
As a contingency-based service we only invoice for cost savings and refunds if, and after, the client realizes them.
In the business world, waste is a big deal. Every scrap of waste generated requires effort, time, and money to successfully remove. So,......05.29.2021
For large companies with multiple locations, waste removal may not seem like the most important utility compared to other expenses such as energy,......05.21.2021
Services You Can Trust
At Util Auditors, we are passionate about serving our clients, increasing operating efficiency and cutting costs. We treat each client the same to identify cost saving opportunities, and provide the absolute best solutions. It is this consistency and commitment that allows us to continuously exceed the expectations of our clients.
We have provided cost reduction services as well as utility refunds to over 275 clients including Fortune 100 and 500 companies.